Gunpla Expo 2016 Announces Special Guest Line-up
Bandai Namco Singapore, one of the leading toy makers and arcade, mobile and home video game publishers in Japan gave an update on the special guest line-up for Gunpla Expo 2016 today.
Fans of Japanese popular culture and the “Mobile Suit GUNDAM” series can look forward to two special mini-stage programmes on 19th June, during the Expo at Takashimaya Square, B2. Two voice actors (seiyuus), from Gundam’s latest series Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, will be in Singapore for the first time to meet and share insights with fans here. TRUE, the artiste behind one of the theme songs for the same series, will perform live on stage as well.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, introduced in October 2015, is currently the latest anime series for “Mobile Suit GUNDAM”. Details for the mini-stage programmes are:
Gunpla Expo 2016 – Live Mini-Stage Event
Date & Timing: 19 June 2016 (Sunday), 2pm and 6pm
Venue: Mini Stage at Takashimaya Square, B2
The Gunpla Expo 2016 is held from now to Sunday, 26 June 2016 at Takashimaya Square, B2. Aimed at celebrating the art of building the model kits, it includes showcases, exclusive merchandise, and activities for fans and the general public to enjoy and learn more about one of Japan’s top Popular Culture Icons. Admission to the Expo Grounds is free. For further information, please visit https://www.takashimaya.com.sg/.
Voice Actor: Kengo Kawanishi
Born on 18th February in Osaka prefecture, Kengo Kawanishi has played a wide range of voice-acting roles in anime, games and movies since his debut. He also specialises in dancing, karaoke and gaming.
Some of his notable roles over the years are:
– Mikazuki Augus – Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
– Shoji Sato – Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
– Aoi Shima– Prince of Stride: Alternative
– Kisaki Matsuribi – Aldnoah.Zero
– Gaku Egawa – Nagi no Asukara ( A Lull in the Sea)
– Akira Kagetsuki – Monster Strike
– Muku (Teenage) – Boruto: Naruto the Movie
And many more!
Voice Actress: Yuka Terasaki
Born on 4th August in Kumamoto Prefecture, the multi-talented voice actress, TV actress and singer Yuka Terasaki has played a wide range of characters from numerous popular anime titles, movies, stage plays and dramas. She enjoys landscape photography as a hobby and is skilled in Kimono dressing.
Some of her notable roles include:
– Kudelia Aina Bernstein –Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
– Hephaestus – Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
– Heinz Nerich Windermere/Heinz II – Macross Delta
– Sasha Kreuzhev; Misha=Krushchev – A Certain Magical Index
– Raquel – Dokidoki! Precure
– Renka Ariake – TV Animation Mahou Shoujo Taisen (Magica Wars)
– Zushi – Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission
– Meyrin –- Kuroshitsuji: Chi ni Moeru Rikorisu – (Black Butler: Licorice that Blazes the Earth)
And many more!
Performing Artiste: TRUE
TRUE was born on 15 July in Tokyo. She debuted in the year 2000 under her own name, Miho Karasawa. Her songs have been featured in drama series as well as taking top spots on the Oricon ranking charts over the years. It was in 2011 that she became a full time lyricist and in 2012 when she began working on anime-related projects. She has written lyrics for many popular artistes such as Emi Nitta, Eir Aoi, SPHERE, Yuka Iguchi and StylipS.
2014 marked the first year of her artiste activities under the name “TRUE”. She sang the theme songs for popular anime titles such as Buddy Complex, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Maria the Virgin Witch, Sound Euphonium. More recently in 2015, TRUE performed the opening theme songs Beautiful Bones: Sakurako’s Investigation, Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle, and not forgetting the ending theme song “STEEL – Bonds of Blood and Iron” for the well-received anime series Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans!