Cheery Lifestyle Blogger Kaiting hopes to raise more awareness for gender inequality in Singapore
Sporty, young and adventurous. These are the traits you will associate with Kaiting, a 23 year old undergraduate with Nanyang Technological University. Just like many other hopeful youths, Kaiting holds big dreams for herself in the next five years. Apart from the intention to settle down and have a kid in the next five years, she wants to work towards a stronger foothold in the Singapore’s media and blogging scene. It is no wonder she could be the next media BIG thing to come: Kaiting has been a hardworking and committed Influencer. Someone who dares to speak the truth and pursue her dreams. When asked about her goals for blogging, she added that the gender inequality gap in Singapore ought to be bridged.
Apart from being a competitive volleyball player, she is also a very active and popular student amongst her student community in NTU. Being a more candid person, Kaiting was also recently cast as one of the hosts for TheInfluencerTV.com, an online channel managed by The Influencer Network. In the show, Kaiting went on to uncover some societal issues and problems which are rarely discussed in the mainstream media. So stay tuned as Kaiting works on you in the next five years.
1. Tell us more about yourself. I am Kaiting, and I am currently an undergraduate studying Sociology in NTU, and will be graduating next year. Volleyball has been my passion since I was 13, and I have been playing volleyball for 10 years now. I play tennis as well. I am an active and outgoing girl, and am often pretty straightforward. I’d prefer people to be straightforward and transparent with me most of the time.
Being a sporty girl, I can never be bothered with makeup. Unless there’re special occasions, I do not wear makeup out frequently. I think on average I draw my eyes or put on makeup less than 50 days in a year haha. I can never be bothered with fashion styling also, even though I really love new clothes and dresses! I’m sometimes even called a fashion terrorist cause I can’t seem to match my clothes nicely sometimes!
2. What are some key focus in your blog? Being a food and lifestyle blogger, I often introduce new food places and do reviews, where all reviews done are genuine and based on my own taste liking. Furthermore, I also do reviews on movies, lifestyle gadgets, leading a healthy/sporty lifestyle, parties & events.
3. Why should people visit your blog? I am sharing lifestyle tips often with discount codes included, which will greatly benefit my readers! Furthermore, I’d like to share my positive outlook on life with my readers as well.
4. If you have one day to live, what would you do? I would surround myself with my loved ones and people who love me, and then just spend time talking to them, letting them know how much I appreciate them and love them. I would also eat and binge on all my favorite food. Like llao llao, McWing, bah ku teh, sugar roll, Mac and cheese; well the list can go on forever because I love to eat! Hahaha.
5. Fame, Power or Fortune, if you could pick one. I’ve thought about this for awhile and my answer would be power. Other than the fact that fame and fortune comes alongside power, I think that power is essentially the most beneficial thing to choose. This is because with power I would be able to improve people’s lives and perhaps try to lesson the inequality gap in the world. Or perhaps not so big scale; but first trying to improve the gender/race inequality in Singapore. Many of such inequalities have been institutionalized and it remains very difficult or almost impossible for the institutions to change completely. Therefore I would choose power! But then again with power comes responsibility; so situations have to be properly handled which is not so easy because most often possible solutions always reside in grey areas. Perhaps picking fortune would be an easier choice where I get to make sure my loved ones lead good & comfortable lives!
6. What are your plans in the next 5 years? I’ve alr have plans to get married in 3 years time! And then in 5 years time maybe a new addition to my family! I have not decided what I want to work as after I graduate next year, but am really hoping to expand my networks and stay in the media scene. Also, with the help of TIN, I want to work towards becoming a full time blogger/influencer!
Check out Kaiting candid pictures while blogging:
Kaiting featured on TheInfluencerTV.com
Kaiting blogging about OSIM Utrek
Kaiting blogs about LLAO LLAO
Kaiting at the Domino’s event
Check out Kaiting’s recent video on The Influencer TV
Check out her blog:
Edited By Dennis Toh