12 things to remind yourself that Christmas is coming
December is almost everybody’s favorite month and all for the right reasons. It is always comforting to know that you have suffered through another year, and braving to the next in a matter of days. Of course, everyone’s favorite festive event also falls aptly in December. Christmas is a season of giving and sharing, and what are the 12 things to know that Christmas is here? We look at some of the common traits in Singapore:
1. Kids… kids everywhere School’s out, kids are everywhere. Expect to bump into kids as small as your knee-length. It happens so often that kids get bumped because they run around crazily while adults are too preoccupied to notice so. If you hate kids, December is not your season.
2. Company dinners and treats Big bosses and companies often hold dinners and treats, as a way of cohesion but most importantly, a discreet way of saying “Thank You for the hardwork and giving me a big year-end bonus, here’s something small for my big paycheck!”
3. Is the entire population in Orchard?
4. Sales everywhere
5. Mariah Carey is playing everywhere
6. Shipping gets delayed
7. … and you’re asked to pay more for postage Only because which other time of the year can you legitimately capitalize on premium postage services for punctual postage arrival?
8. University students in fear for results
9. Now people start complaining of the wet weather
10. The intense struggle with gift-wrapping
11. The burst of travel-sized lotions in stores Also known as one of the most basic gifts of Christmas, travel-sized lotions at Watsons or Guardian make great gifts to people who you don’t really know but you need to give them something – nothing too fancy but still useful.
12. Long queues at Starbucks
Writer: Leong Chee Sheng